Monday, September 9, 2013

Sept 7th - 8th Weekend friends and family keep MC very busy

First of all - to the weekend warriors - I realize that I have not posted in 2 days - so first here is a short weekend update then I'll do another post with today's info. 

The weekend consisted of 2 days filled with healing, showers, food, PT and friends, friends and more friends.  It was good for MC to see so many.  The visits kept him busy and he was able to catch up with lots of people he's been wanting to chat with. 

I may not remember everyone who came by but here are a few. Judy and Jim,  The Gonzales Family, Britta Jackson, Billy Westmoreland, Leonard Weitman, Gary Fuka, Gary Lang and Jan Barton with her sister and friend. (that's another story)  


Mike's sister Judy and Daddy Jim Colligan

Nicki, Joe and Yolonda Gonzales

Britta Jackson, Sherry's youngest daughter who just moved home from Louisville, KY as a Cardinal Graduate!  (thus the tank top)  Go Cards! 


Funny story - Most of you know that I sold my house in Bend last February and moved in with Mike full time after closing.  The woman that bought my home is Jan Barton who lives in Texas primarily but wanted a second home.  Her sister Lisa, in Portland Nurse was helping with the search and it was Lisa who found my sweet little getaway and shared it with Jan.  I had not met Jan, although we thought that one day we would meet.  We had such a great connection over the phone.  When she bought the house, she loved the way it looks so much that she even bought all of my furnishings.  

Long story shortened up - MC was in recovery last week and he wanted to be sure "Sherry Brown" talks to the doctor.  I guess he said my name a few times and the recovery nurse who knew Mike's name, started asking questions about Bend and put it all together that it is her sister Jan Barton who bought Mike's girlfriends home.  The recovery nurse, Lisa is in fact the one who drove to Bend, loved the house and told her sister to "buy-it now"!   

Jan Barton is here in Portland this weekend and she and Lisa came by the hospital last night to meet me and visit with Mike.  What a grand reunion / meet up.   Funny how life can bring people together - it's never for us to guess, we just need to go with the flow... 
Sherry, Jan and Lisa

Next, I met my long time family Physician, now retired, Dr. Reagan in the Surgery waiting area today. It was great to see him, thank him for delivering and taking care of my kids during their younger years.  MC's accident has again brought hidden blessings my way. 


Dr. Pete Reagan! 

Follow your path, embrace it - not always the one you think you should take, but the one you are given. sb


No comments:

Post a Comment