Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sept 5th Focus on Fire Fighter Jared Jepson

This morning Mike and I are anxiously awaiting the PA or the Physician to arrive and discuss yesterday procedure with us.  Meanwhile I would like to share something very special with you.  Most of you know, those that have read the posts, that there is a very, very special Fire Fighter in Mike's life.  After the accident Mike talked about "this one guy who talked to me and stayed with me the whole time. I'll never forget him."   Well coincidentally I met someone in St. George that knew who that man was.  FF Jepson, Station #7. 

The day before we left St. George, I surprised Mike and took him to the Snow Canyon Station #7 so that he could meet those first responders and Jared himself.   Here is a photo of Jared and Mike and an email Mike and I received from Jared.  This is way too special to keep to ourselves.  We have been so blessed with people like this in our lives.  Read on:

Jared and Mike August 27th 2013



Mike and Sherry,
I had a moment and I wanted to just drop you a note to make sure you guys made it home well.


I also wanted to thank you for the letter and photos you sent to Capt. Tischner. I really can't explain how much it meant to my crew, and ESPECIALLY me to have you bring Mike over to see me. Due to all the sensitivity around privacy issues we hardly ever get to find out how our patients do after they leave us. And our patients have the same issues finding us.
It has been overwhelming to me and I cannot come close to describing my feelings. It's amazing how close two men (and yourself) in such a short amount of time can feel so close and interconnected.


I have to say that when I saw Mike sitting in the car my heart ached for him. It was almost like seeing my brother. Their was a familiarity with him that only comes from knowing someone for years. Having only spent such a short amount of time at his accident, an amount of time that at that moment seemed like almost forever with someone whose life is slipping away every moment that goes by.
As you guys can tell, I am kind of rambling on. Im just trying to explain my feelings and even try to understand them better myself.


Sherry, this experience is a gem in my life and I thank you for making that happen.
Mike, I want you to know that my thoughts are with you in this time of change and challenge and You are in my prayers. (even my two young sons, who pray for you when it's their turn).

Kind regards, and our love, from me and mine.
Jared

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing letter - Mike, you are so fortunate to have people like this in your life! Keep your chin up - we all love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an honor...enjoyed reading this letter, thanks for sharing it with the rest of us!!

    ReplyDelete