Friday, September 20, 2013

Mike meet Mike

Good evening Family and Friends, 


This is a super sweet story and I think it will warm your heart - 

Today Our Mikey received an email from "Mike Colligan"  -  Read on:

Hey Mike,

Another Mike Colligan here (from Pittsburgh, PA).  I stumbled across your website and story today when doing a "Mike Colligan" Google search for something I needed to find.  I read all of the updates from Sherry and just wanted to reach out and say congrats for all the progress you've made so far!  Even the first post on the site said the Doctors didn't expect your foot to make it, and you're already proving them wrong.

A common thread in many of the posts seems to be your determination.  I'm not sure if I could've made it through everything you have, so I'm going to remember your story every time I need to dig deep for inspiration.

It looks like you already have a ton of family and friends at your side and ready to help.  I plan to be one more and will definitely be following your story every step of the way.

Keep fighting and thanks for the inspiration.

Mike Colligan

So how was that for a wonderful story and what a wonderful guy to reach out to our MC like that?  "Mike Colligan of PA, it's very nice to meet you and to have you following MC's Blog. We hope to hear from you again".

Today is actually the first day that I did not hang out at the hospital with Mike.  He did just fine with all of his daily activities with nurses and therapists and docs doing their rounds.  I heard Dr. Klomp (Mike's Plastics Doc from Utah) called Mike today to check in on him.  That's the Dixie folks for you.  One classy Doctor.  We have had some really incredible Doctors along this journey.  I say "we" like I'm having the surgeries - so I'm not under the knife, but I'm watching very closely just who is putting Mike under the knife.  8-]

Tonight Mikey had a little bleeding issue with his foot.  The On Call Doctor seemed to feel that everything is ok.  It sure got some of us (me) fired up for an hour or so.  Guess we (me) are not too relaxed just yet about the certainty of the foots survival.  Dr. Frome has said "everything is a concern".  This basically means she is on top of everything. 

Mike is doing a little better when it comes to having a visit.  But text him first and make sure he is up for the visit. 503-778-0190 - if he doesn't answer, don't just show up.  He's most likely busy or not up for even texting with you.  

Hugs to all of you from Tigard and NE Portland.  SB & MC 

  

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I do a search for "Colligan" the PA Mike Colligan comes up. Who knows, maybe he is related! He is right tho, that Mikey and Sherry are an inspiration. Hi other Mike Colligan!

    Mikey's cousin Kathryn

    ReplyDelete