Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 58 - it was a normal day for MC

Good evening all, 

Today was not the greatest of days for MC.  I would have to say Mikey had a little less pain, but his spirits are down.  I was saddened when I saw him this morning.  He's weak and tired and fed up with it all.  Yet he's strong and determined and filled with hope and gratitude. I don't say that so you feel bad, but the purpose of this blog is to "update" you and let you know how this guy is doing.   It was a tough day.   My heart breaks for this guy, but I DO KNOW he'll come through victorious. 



My son Brandon came by to see Mike today.  The two of them get along quite well.  Brandon has a friend who wanted to help MC out with a little extra $.  Bill Sanger a fellow rider of Brandon's is also an extremly talented custom motorcycle painter.  Bill is willing to do a custom paint job to the highest bidder.  The proceeds go to Mike.   What a gift.  We'll let you know how that goes.  Thanks Brandon and Bill for doing this.  We know it takes an army to make things happen. 
Dr. Dustin Larson came in to do the dressing change.  Not much bleeding or oozing.  That's great news.  Dr. Dustin was very happy with todays view. 
After the assessment and bandages off, it's time to put them all back on again.  The swelling is going down and MC's little piggers are all seperated and the skin is cracking.  Sounds weird, but it means the swelling is down. Even the top of his foot is more rounded. :-)

I like to include a view of MC if I can remember to get one.  He's wearing his gown today and usually you'll find him commando.  Gotta knock before you enter.  MC - is ready for some visitors, but do text him or call first just so you know it's a good time.  503-778-0190

SB AND MC Out for Tonight...  Love and Hugs!

IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE A COMMENT: (and Mike really wants you to) 
Click on the word comment below.  
Click on the drop-down and choose an option.  
Anonymous works well if you don't have a google account.  
Leave a comment in the box and be sure to sign your name so we know who you are.  

1 comment:

  1. Morning Mike, we are home now and plan on giving you a call after lunch sometime today if your up for it. Having a down day is very understandable. Your foot is looking better, we can see the swelling is going down from the photos, hoping the pain is also down.

    Wish I knew a good joke to put a little smile on your face, I don't, but Pat has one:

    "One of my co-workers came to work this morning with two black eyes. I asked how did he get them? He said, "I was at the movies and during the intermission a fairly large women who was sitting in front of me stood up. I noticed her dress was partially stuck between her cheeks. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I pulled it out and she turned around and smacked me in the eye". I could understand that, but I asked how did you get the other black eye? He said, "I tried to stuff it back in." Blahahahahahahahaha I'm still laughing!!!
    Chris & Pat

    ReplyDelete